Today I spent 7 long hours fixing this blog. One month ago we bought our own domain name and cut our ties with wordpress.com. They were great to us but we were ready to try some new things that you can only do if you have your own site.
Was I smoking crack? I believed this would be a walk in the park, super easy and just a matter of a download then an upload. DAMN was I wrong. Switching has not been easy and I know we have lost readers because of all the technical glitches. Quite honestly, it’s been a pain in the a$$. Google doesn’t crawl the sites often enough to deal with link issues like we are dealing with now. GRRRRRRRRR.
But, the one positive that came from updating every single link on this almost 9-month old blog by HAND, I did get a chance to take a trip down memory lane. There are so many posts that I completely forgot were ever written. So, to pay homage to me since my fingers and wrists are about to break, here are a bunch of posts that don’t always get alot of traffic but are totally worth checking out. Here’s to hoping this site picks up again! (You feeling bad for us yet? 😉 )
SOME FUN RECIPES FROM A LONG TIME BACK, CHECK ‘EM OUT!:
- GRILLED STEAK WITH TARRAGON GARLIC BUTTER
- LEMONGRASS BEEF SHORTRIBS
- TORTILLA SOUP
- FRITO MISTO DI MARE (FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD AND VEGGIES)
- BREAD-CRUSTED FISH WITH LEMON-BUTTER SAUCE
- LEBANESE-SPICED LAMB OVER CRISPY PITA WITH CHICKPEAS, PINENUTS, POMEGRANATE SEEDS SMOTHERED IN GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE
- WINE-BRAISED LAMB SHANKS WITH ROSEMARY AND THYME IN PRESSURE COOKER
- PASTA (BUCATINI) WITH PISTACHIO SAUCE
- BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH LIME AND OLIVES
- ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (Pernil) – The Quicker Version
- PAPPA AL POMODORO (Tuscan Tomato and Bread Soup)
- VEAL SAUSAGES WITH HERBED POLENTA AND ROASTED BEETS
- VEAL KIDNEYS WITH AVOCADO (ROGNONS DE VEAUX AVEC AVOCADO)
AND SOME INTERESTING COMMENTARY FROM BACK-IN-THE-DAY:
- At the Desk Gourmet – Why Can’t Americans Enjoy Their Lunch?
- Knowing Your Tagliatelle from Your Tagliolini
- Gimme What the Guy On the Floor’s Having
- In Defence of Sandwiches (White House Subs, Atlantic City)
- Pigs Must Dream of Ending Up Here
- European Roast…? (Why Coffee Taste Better There)
- Free Lunch for Inner-City Kids – If It’s Free Does It Have To Be Crap?
- Remaking a Tuscan Restaurant Meal (From Florence)
- San Gennaro Festival, Little Italy, NYC – Ain’t What it Used to Be (Girl’s Version)
- Bon Appetit Magazine’s ‘Makeover’- Love It or Leave It?
- European Union to Stop Junk Food Ads – Why Not America?
- Pulling Pints: Not Small Beer
- Diversity Finally Comes to The Food Network
5 thoughts on “Remembering the Past, Looking Towards the Future (hopefully)”
Ah don’t worry, I’m sure you’re site will pick up again soon. We enjoy it and I’m certain others will find their way back to you! I’ll have to check out some of your previous posts. 🙂
Thanks pixie for the pick-me-up!! I needed it! – amy
I know what a pain in the culo this can be but you’ve got a great site and it looks my plan for an early night has been sunk as there’s so much to check out…
Well I’m new to all this and your great blog.It is a lot of hard work, but so worth the effortI will bookmark this and go back this leisurely weekend. Its a great looking blog.
Just had a thought and so thought I’d come back to ya…..have you two checked out tastespotting.com yet? Simply submit a few of your food photos and it will certainly draw traffic your way. HTH some.