So, I normally delete emails from friends asking me to fill in a questionnaire, but this time I’ll bore y’all with some answers. This is a great way to spread the love in our food blog world, so I’m happy to do it. I’ve been ‘tagged’ by my girl Bren at Bren’s FLANboyant Eats to answer a few questions and then tag some others. So, here goes, if you care!
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 7 random facts:
- I named my first dog, a giant male German Shepherd, Buttercup (RIP) cause I was 4 and I thought the name was ‘pretty’. The poor emasculated dog had to carry that albatross for all his 18 years, enduring ridicule from all my male friends.
- Me and my family went on a cruise when I was 22 and snuck on to booze cruise when we docked in Jamaica. I got trashed on what tasted like fruit juice and entered a dance contest with 4 other ‘contestants’. I lost to a 75 year old woman wearing a ‘stars and stripes’ bikini. All photos of that day have been destroyed.
- I met my British husband in a bar in London and convinced him somehow I was worth him moving to America for.
- I actually didn’t notice my British husband the night we met because I actually was scoping out his friend (who subsequently was an usher in our wedding).
- I used to work in Marketing for the 2 biggest outdoors men’s magazine for hunting and fishing and had to work at an event called the ‘S.H.O.T. Show’ in Vegas every year. And I hate guns, but like to eat animals and fish – I think that’s how I convinced myself that I kind of liked my job.
- I got so sick of my job working for a hunting and fishing magazine in corporate NYC a few years ago that I went to graduate school to become a school counselor. 3 long, expensive years later I’m finally getting a paycheck again and loving my job (and cursing our mayor Bloomberg for cutting $200,000 from all the school budgets – forcing all our after-school programs to crumble).
- I’ve bit my nails my whole life and used $3 press-on nails at my wedding this past June. The next day people said they found nails in random places – the bathroom sink, on the floor, on their table.
I guess I have to tag some peeps (sorry if you hate these things, too or have already done this), but if anything visit these great blogs!:
- Tamarind and Thyme (Great blog w/ awesome recipes, travel stuff and UK restaurant reviews)
- Kate in the Kitchen (on board with WANF from the beginning… THANK YOU!)
- Melonfish (diverse and delicious-looking blog)
- Nirmala’s Cooking Corner (lovely food blog I was just introduced to)
- I Pray to Gouda (fun girl doing her thing… simple, nice recipes, plus she reminds me and looks like a good friend of mine)
- Chez LouLou (This site makes you long to be in France… the cheese, the food, the landscape, this blog has it all!)
5 thoughts on “Playing Tag – Guess I’m “It”?”
Girl, you are too funny! Nails all over the place? Shame on you!
I don’t keep nail for a reason other than playing the cello…
Thanks for playin’
I love that you shared yourself, so I will too! Thanks for stopping by. I will play and answer in the next few days.
Oh dear, working with the board of ed. I worked in the NYC public system for about 6 years I believe. My sister and brother are still stuck in the system and no matter how much they complain about it, they just don’t leave. Sis was explaining the cut to me just this past weekend-huge shame about the after school programs.
And I too am and shall likely always be a nail biter.
Thanks for the tag! Unfortunately, as you probably already know, I was tagged before and here are my answers.
Awww….I’m picturing your dog Buttercup now. How adorable!
I’m going to get around to doing this, I promise!
Thanks for thinking of me.