So, I normally delete emails from friends asking me to fill in a questionnaire, but this time I’ll bore y’all with some answers. This is a great way to spread the love in our food blog world, so I’m happy to do it. I’ve been ‘tagged’ by my girl Bren at Bren’s FLANboyant Eats to answer a few questions and then tag some others. So, here goes, if you care!
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 7 random facts:
- I named my first dog, a giant male German Shepherd, Buttercup (RIP) cause I was 4 and I thought the name was ‘pretty’. The poor emasculated dog had to carry that albatross for all his 18 years, enduring ridicule from all my male friends.
- Me and my family went on a cruise when I was 22 and snuck on to booze cruise when we docked in Jamaica. I got trashed on what tasted like fruit juice and entered a dance contest with 4 other ‘contestants’. I lost to a 75 year old woman wearing a ‘stars and stripes’ bikini. All photos of that day have been destroyed.
- I met my British husband in a bar in London and convinced him somehow I was worth him moving to America for.
- I actually didn’t notice my British husband the night we met because I actually was scoping out his friend (who subsequently was an usher in our wedding).
- I used to work in Marketing for the 2 biggest outdoors men’s magazine for hunting and fishing and had to work at an event called the ‘S.H.O.T. Show’ in Vegas every year. And I hate guns, but like to eat animals and fish – I think that’s how I convinced myself that I kind of liked my job.
- I got so sick of my job working for a hunting and fishing magazine in corporate NYC a few years ago that I went to graduate school to become a school counselor. 3 long, expensive years later I’m finally getting a paycheck again and loving my job (and cursing our mayor Bloomberg for cutting $200,000 from all the school budgets – forcing all our after-school programs to crumble).
- I’ve bit my nails my whole life and used $3 press-on nails at my wedding this past June. The next day people said they found nails in random places – the bathroom sink, on the floor, on their table.
I guess I have to tag some peeps (sorry if you hate these things, too or have already done this), but if anything visit these great blogs!:
- Tamarind and Thyme (Great blog w/ awesome recipes, travel stuff and UK restaurant reviews)
- Kate in the Kitchen (on board with WANF from the beginning… THANK YOU!)
- Melonfish (diverse and delicious-looking blog)
- Nirmala’s Cooking Corner (lovely food blog I was just introduced to)
- I Pray to Gouda (fun girl doing her thing… simple, nice recipes, plus she reminds me and looks like a good friend of mine)
- Chez LouLou (This site makes you long to be in France… the cheese, the food, the landscape, this blog has it all!)